My Aspire Nautilus tank arrived Friday and after a couple days of solid use, I love it. I think it's fabulous and may be my favorite tank. I think for daily use, I'll still stick with my regular Aspire tanks, but I really really like the Nautilus tank. If I could stand to vape one flavor all day long, I might use the Nautilus tank exclusively because I like it just a tad bit more than the regular Aspires at this point. It is very good. But I can't afford to buy 5 or 6 of them at this point. So I remain faithful to what is working for me.
On the other hand, I got the mail yesterday and received my Russian 91% RBA tank. Now bear in mind that I'm not wealthy by a long shot. The Russian 91% is already a clone of the Kayfun. And what I bought was a clone of the Russian. So I bought a clone of a clone. Bought it on eBay.
MISTAKE. MISTAKE. DAMN BIG MISTAKE.
What I got looks like a Russian. It's pretty much identical to it. But the similarities stop at the outward appearance. When I went to unscrew the pieces apart, it is the single worst machined threads I've ever felt. I mean I don't think that it's already cross-threaded, but it certainly would be in a matter of little more than a couple weeks of use.
I built a coil on this thing and I'll be damned if my fat fingers can deal with that stupidly small build deck and the ridiculous screws on it. But I got a reasonably good tiny micro coil built on it and proceeded to snug it all up well before filling it with liquid. I used the fill port on the bottom of it as it was designed. I put the fill screw back in and tightened it snug. I turned it over and glug glug glug, my juice that I'd filled into it ran out the airflow hole and down my arm so fast, it was almost as if it was simply a giant hole in the side of the tank. I took the whole thing apart and can't figure out where the juice flow is going. The only way for this to happen is for juice to literally fill the inner chamber and head out down the center. So I assumed that I hadn't snugged things correctly. I opened it all back up again and washed it all out. Then I pretreated my nice pants that were now covered in Butter Pecan e-juice. I closed the airflow controller completely this time and repeated the whole process.
Voila! No leak. And no airflow at all. So I opened it just a tiny bit by rotating the enclosed allen wrench in the little screw hole. And within so much as a quarter turn the entire contents of my tank ran down my arm again.
Nope. I'm done. I don't care how much the reviewers love the Kayfun and the Russian. I can't afford to drop $100+ on a topper. I don't really have time to spend the next months experimenting with it. I want a product that works.
So if anyone wants a fake Russian 91% REAL CHEAP for parts or to mess with, pop me a message through my contact link above. I'd likely make you a pretty good deal. Think I'd be happy to get $15 back. Certainly there are enough usable parts there for that return. $15 bucks will buy me a 5-pack of coils for my new Nautilus that'll likely last me for months.
If you ever have one of those days in vaping...it ain't just you...